Along with my last post, I read 1 Nephi 8 this morning (because the Elder Packer's talk made me want to go back and read it again, more closely). Some interesting new insights I found:
- The river/pit separates the wicked from the Tree of Life
- The reason it was so close to the straight and narrow path is because it was digged by the wicked for the righteous. But as long as we are on the path, we are safe. The pit will be filled by those who digged it.
- We can be on the path without holding onto the rod, but as soon as the mists of darkness come, we'll be sorry we weren't holding on.
Turns out Lehi's vision has more meaning than it seems on the surface :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great insights. Lehi's dream sure has some deep themes in it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I just read a few posts down and saw that you were expecting! Congrats! This is great news!