Friday, January 27, 2012

"Finding ourselves in Lehi's Dream"

 I was reading Elder Packer's CES Fireside address from several years ago, entitled, "Finding
ourselves in Lehi's Dream." It was so good! I recomend it!
Here are some of my favorite quotes pulled from that talk:
1. You may think that Lehi’s dream or vision has no special meaning for you, but it does. You are in it; all of us are in it.”
2. “Lehi’s dream has in it everything a Latter-day Saint needs to understand the test of life.”
3. “
Read the dream or vision carefully; then read it again.”
4. “Largely because of television, instead of looking over into that spacious building, we are, in effect, living inside of it. That is your fate in this generation. You are living in that great and spacious building.”
5. “All of the mocking does not come from outside of the Church. Let me say that again: all of the mocking does not come from outside of the Church. Be careful that you do not fall into the category of mocking.”

I just really liked how he talked about the Tree of Life story in a way that was directly applicable to us. I also thought it was way interesting what he said about TV and the great and spacious building--that definitely caught my attention, since I'm in this media class right now. I think the main message I got out of the talk is this: We are way too complacent. We live in a time of war. We need to get out of the great and spacious building, separate ourselves from the ways of the world, and "hold to the rod, and don't let go." Loved this talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment