Friday, January 20, 2012
"The Business of Being Born"
This week I found out that I am expecting, so it’s been a crazy exciting last few days. I watched a documentary on Netflix called, “The Business of Being Born.” I thought it was very interesting – it definitely gave me insight into a perspective I had never considered or even thought of before (natural childbirth). However, I did notice that it was extremely biased (obviously it was produced and inspired by midwives and those in favor of natural birth). So I’m grateful that it exposed me to some new ideas and opened my mind. I think it’s great that we have so much access to so much information that is out there about alternate practices that go against widespread cultural trends that we would otherwise just blindly accept. However, I still would like to see a documentary that argues for the other side (hospital births), just so I could have a balanced view and make a more informed decision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment