Friday, March 2, 2012

Sitcoms :(

So, I have to admit, I am not a big fan of sitcoms. I never watch them, but whenever I overhear or see clips of some of the more popular ones, it surprises me how much profanity and sexual innuendos there are in them. I can't even sit through 5 minutes without cringing in my seat at something. It's interesting to see how far media has come, in both good ways and bad, over the last few years. It seems like TV and the few Hollywood actors/producers are trying to define for all of us what kind of behavior is and is not okay, and they are getting away with it. If we don't start speaking up about it, who knows how out-of-hand things could get in the next few years. Obviously a few voices protesting against the moral permissiveness in TV is not going to bring us back to the "Brady Bunch" days, but I think it could still make at least some small difference and slow down the downward spiral of the media.

3 comments:

  1. I agree alot with you Rebecca. I hear people say, "Oh it is SUCH a good show!" So my curiosity is peaked and I look at the show and it has a lot of inappropriate stuff in it. I guess we can't just be idle in our search for good media we have to search out the good media and not just accept what is put in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree! There are a few shows that I LOVE watching, but I am always disappointed when I start watching a show and a few episodes into it the show becomes something embarrassing and inappropriate. I feel like it happens more and more and it makes me really sad that most media is unreliable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, most of the sitcoms out there are completely pointless. They definitely are not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete