Friday, March 2, 2012

Scary Movies

After the lecture on scary movies, I thought I'd do a little post on my own feelings about them. I hate scary movies! When I was younger I used to like them, but now I guess I'm a lot more sensitive, and I just cringe at the thought of intentionally trying to freak myself out. I was talking to my best friend the other day about scary movies, and we talked about the difference between faith and fear. Faith is the absence of fear. You can't have faith with fear, and you can't have fear when faith is present. One will crowd out the other. So if scary movies really do have some long-term effect, does that mean that they can little by little fill us with more fear and crowd out our faith? I don't know. I just thought it was interesting food for though :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! I love the application. I know personally I don't like scary movies because I NEVER feel happy during them. When you have faith and the spirit you always feel happy....maybe another idea to go along with yours. :)

    ReplyDelete