One of my favorite children's book is “Daughter of a King.” It is a simple picture book from Deseret Book that tells the story of a girl named Katie, whose parents always told her that she was a princess, and that her father the King had sent her to live with them until she was ready to return to the palace. Katie always tried to act like a princess, but sometimes she made mistakes. It was a challenge for her to always remember who she was and why she must always choose the right. Eventually, she married someone who also remembered that he was a prince, and they raised a family and prepared to make the journey back to the palace. In their old age, the time finally came. They make a long journey over rough terrain and finally made it to the palace, where they were warmly received by the King.
The reason I love this story is because it just gives me a warm/fuzzy feeling whenever I read it. I love the beautiful pictures. Especially the very last one, where Katie is looking up at the King with tearful eyes. It’s very touching to me. It’s just a very tender story that I love. The whole plot parallels the plan of salvation and reminds me that even though I can’t see my Heavenly Father, He is there waiting for me to come home. It also reminds me that as long as I am trying my best, even though I may not feel like a princess, that’s my divine nature, and this life is just a place where I need to learn and grow and try to become more “princess-like.”
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment